Whether penning a feature article, assisting thought leaders with developmental editing, or crafting content marketing material, my goal is to elevate stories lost in the noise and make them memorable.
I want audiences to stop and notice.
Think deeply and ask questions.
Ponder. Start a conversation.
I assist with:
- Article writing for custom and trade publications
- Audio and video scripts
- Blog posts
- Book development
- Content marketing
- Content strategy and management
- Copy writing
- Editing and editorial direction
- Ghost writing
- Web copy
- White papers
Web copy, sales emails, property descriptions, and other content samples are available upon request.
Areas of Specialty
Learn more about the work I’ve done related to:
- Development and democracy
- Sustainable travel and international education
- Wildlife conservation and environmental preservation
- Trade and B2B
Editorial Direction and Book Projects
Even with the best word choices, just a touch of polish can give copy that final bit of sparkle. Whether a specific piece of content needs an extra set of eyes or you need a long-term editor, I have the experience. Previous freelance editor positions include:
- Managing editor, AdventureTravelNews, Adventure Travel Trade Association (January 2017 – present)
- Blog editor, International News Media Association (July 2014 – present)
- Newsletter editor, Ukraine Media Development Project, Internews Network (USAID) (March 2017-September 2018)
- Contributing editor, Travel Weekly (August 2012 – March 2015)
- Managing editor, Journey Beyond Travel (March 2010 – May 2013)
- Alumni news editor, National Peace Corps Association (April 2007 – October 2012)
Additionally, I have assisted in a variety of editorial capacities for book projects:
- DK Eyewitness Los Angeles Travel Guide (fact checker, 2014)
- Maximize Your Social by Neal Schaffer (developmental editor, 2013)
- DK Eyewitness Top Ten Las Vegas (fact checker, 2013)
- Maximizing LinkedIn for Sales and Social Media Marketing by Neal Schaffer (lead editor, 2011)
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Barefoot Running by Dr. Craig Thomas and Thomas Hollowell (contract editor, 2011)
- Observation Course (October 2018) – Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe/Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (OSCE/ODIHR)
- Content Marketing (June 2018) – Hubspot
- Inbound Marketing (November 2016) – Hubspot
I’m ready to turn my writing, editing, and content marketing skills in your direction. Get in touch and let’s discuss how we can collaborate to share your story with the world.