Whether penning a feature article, assisting thought leaders with developmental editing, or crafting content marketing material, my goal is to elevate stories lost in the noise and make them memorable.
I want audiences to stop and notice.
Think deeply and ask questions.
Ponder. Start a conversation.
I assist with:
- Article writing for custom and trade publications
- Audio and video scripts
- Blog posts
- Book development
- Content marketing
- Content strategy and management
- Copy writing
- Editing and editorial direction
- Ghost writing
- Web copy
- White papers
- Generic Geotagging: An Opportunity for Influencers to Rethink Their Impact
- Polar Explorer Robert Swan Begins Trek to South Pole Highlighting Urgent Global Warming Problem
- USWTA Continues to Educate Travelers, Industry as “Second Wave” of Wildlife Poaching Takes Hold
- National Parks: The Delicate Balance of Sharing and Protecting
- National Geographic Intelligent Traveler
- Travel Weekly
- Wizz Air
- The New Physician
- Acadiana Profile
- Volume One
Additional publication clips credits include Delta Sky, American Way, Popular Science, AAA Via and AAA Highroads, AARP, BBC Travel, CNNGo, SilverKris, Caribbean Travel & Life, Modern Luxury, Fido Friendly, Matador Network, and many others.
Script writing sample:
Web copy, sales emails, property descriptions, and other content samples are available upon request.
Editorial direction and book projects:
Even with the best word choices, just a touch of polish can give copy that final bit of sparkle. Whether a specific piece of content needs an extra set of eyes or you need a long-term editor, I have the experience. Previous freelance editor positions include:
- Managing editor, AdventureTravelNews, Adventure Travel Trade Association (January 2017 – present)
- Blog editor, International News Media Association (July 2014 – present)
- Newsletter editor, Ukraine Media Development Project, Internews Network (USAID) (March 2017-September 2018)
- Contributing editor, Travel Weekly (August 2012 – March 2015)
- Managing editor, Journey Beyond Travel (March 2010 – May 2013)
- Alumni news editor, National Peace Corps Association (April 2007 – October 2012)
Additionally, I have assisted in a variety of editorial capacities for book projects:
- DK Eyewitness Los Angeles Travel Guide (fact checker, 2014)
- Maximize Your Social by Neal Schaffer (developmental editor, 2013)
- DK Eyewitness Top Ten Las Vegas (fact checker, 2013)
- Maximizing LinkedIn for Sales and Social Media Marketing by Neal Schaffer (lead editor, 2011)
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Barefoot Running by Dr. Craig Thomas and Thomas Hollowell (contract editor, 2011)
- Observation Course (October 2018) – Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe/Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (OSCE/ODIHR)
- Content Marketing (June 2018) – Hubspot
- Inbound Marketing (November 2016) – Hubspot
I’m ready to turn my writing, editing, and content marketing skills in your direction. What can I do to help your brand shine? Get in touch and let’s discuss how we can collaborate to share your story with the world.