Well, hello there!
I am JoAnna Haugen, a full-time writer, editor, and content marketer and strategist. Though I’m an avid traveler currently living as an American expatriate in Kyiv, Ukraine, I built my freelance life in the quirky and fun desert city of Las Vegas, Nevada.
As a writer and editor, I’ve dabbled in a vast array of projects over the years spanning numerous industries. I am passionate about sharing stories and working on challenging projects that tackle complex issues.
I love to light a fire in readers through high-quality storytelling, and I take great pride in working with clients who want to amplify compelling narratives or seek a passionate pen to elicit action on behalf of their potential customers.
- Bylines in more than 60 print and online publications including Delta Sky, American Way, Wizz Air, Popular Science, Modern Luxury, AARP, BBC Travel, CNNGo, and many others.
- Content marketing projects for international brands and agencies including Uber, Rodale, American Express, jetBlue, Massage Envy, and InterContinental Hotel Group.
- Corporate copy writing, editorial, editing, and fact-checking projects for clients in a wide range of industries.
- Passionate public speaker and panel participant on a variety of topics.
ALSO OF INTEREST
I received my communications degree from the Edward R. Murrow School of Communication at Washington State University with an emphasis in public relations and a double minor in German and international business.
Prior to working in the media and communications industry, I served as a public health volunteer with the U.S. Peace Corps in Kenya so I speak a touch of Swahili as well.
YES, I’M A HUMAN TOO
Though freelance writing is a full-time job, my life does not revolve around my work. As such, you might be interested in these tidbits that make me tick:
- I’m a calculated risk adventure seeker. Some of my most memorable experiences include snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef, hiking both the Inca and John Muir Trails, whitewater rafting the Nile River, throwing beads from a float at a Mardi Gras parade, and drinking Guinness on St. Patrick’s Day in Dublin.
- My husband and I have been host parents for six high school foreign exchange students.
- We have adopted a small zoo of rescue pets over the years, including a street dog from Kenya and a kitten from Ukraine.
- I am a huge fan of snail mail and send at least three letters a week.
HOW CAN I HELP YOU?
Go ahead and contact me. Fill me in about your writing, editing, or public speaking needs, and we’ll take it from there. I look forward to hearing from you!