Welcome to Rooted, a storytelling platform at the intersection of sustainable travel, environmental conservation, and community-based advocacy efforts.
Hi! I'm JoAnna Haugen, the founder of Rooted. This platform was born from my experiences as a U.S. Peace Corps volunteer, intrepid traveler, commercial travel writer, and solutions journalism advocate — and the gaps I discovered along the way.
My mission through Rooted is to responsibly document, support, celebrate, and share sustainable travel initiatives that put communities first – and help others do the same.
How can Rooted help you?
- Travel service providers - Learn how powerful storytelling can elevate your work and about social impact projects that benefit your local community.
- Representatives for local travel initiatives - Connect with people interested in amplifying your work and learn from representatives of similar social impact projects.
- Content creators - Find meaningful travel experiences to share with your audiences and learn how to responsibly use your influence.
Rooted's key features include:
- Original articles.
- A bi-weekly newsletter with curated stories, exclusive news and invitations, social impact spotlights, and storytelling and sustainable travel tips.
- A frequently updated Resources library with original and carefully selected case studies and tools.
You are an important part of Rooted!
Please get in touch: