I am a writer and editor working at the intersection of ethical travel, wildlife conservation, environmental preservation, community-based development, and cultural exchange.
For more than a decade, I have collaborated with publications, development organizations, and corporate brands to amplify people, projects, and news in an increasingly interconnected world. Agencies, brand representatives, and publishers count on me to distill complex ideas into accessible stories that reach and impact their audiences.
My personal passion and professional experience as an intrepid traveler, international volunteer, and seasoned writer and editor working with dispersed, global teams offers a nuanced and multi-dimensional perspective.
- An editor in need of print-ready material empowering innovative ideas and solutions — and the people behind them?
- A publisher searching for compelling stories about grassroots development projects from someone who has international living and traveling experience?
- An established brand with deeply ingrained ethical values supporting local people and encouraging thoughtful discourse?
- A creative agency looking for a content marketing writer to magnify your client’s focus on sustainability and community-based commitments?
Creating a better world one person, one encounter, one story at a time.
What clients say:
JoAnna has been a real asset to the communications staff of the National Peace Corps Association. I rely on her work and know that what she produces will always be well written, capture the essence of the story, and be completed on time.
– Erica Burman, director of communications, National Peace Corps Association
She has literally revamped the quality of our online content to the point where our readership has grown substantially. Plus, we have many more readers visiting often, signing up for our newsletters, etc. Her writing and editing is top notch. She has a gift with words and their construction.
– Thomas Hollowell, owner of Journey Beyond Travel
JoAnna was instrumental in helping me successfully publish my second book Maximizing LinkedIn for Sales and Social Media Marketing. As my developmental editor and copy editor, JoAnna was helpful at every stage of the book to ensure that my content was concise and connected with my target market. I would highly recommend JoAnna for any writing project that you might have.
– Neal Schaffer, founder of Maximize Your Social, Maximize Social Business, Social Media Center of Excellence and Social Tools Summit