Something to Say
All the world is a stage … and I’m more than happy to grab the mic. Despite being an introvert at heart, there are few things I love more than public speaking – a crazy contradiction, I know.
Fortunately for me, I’ve been given several opportunities to speak to small groups and for large audiences on a variety of subjects as they relate to writing, social media, travel and my career.
PRIOR SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- KNPR Radio Guest, KNPR’s State of Nevada, “Making the Most of the Last Weeks of Summer,” 2014
- Panel Member, Public Relations Society of America – Las Vegas Chapter, “Media Pitch Speed Dating,” 2014
- Speaker, Nevada Commission on Tourism’s Rural Roundup, “The Perfect Pitch: How to Make Your Press Release Stand Out,” 2014
- Speaker, Luxury Travel Expo, “Balancing Social Media Etiquette,” 2013
- Speaker, Luxury Travel Expo, “Blogging: The Forgotten Yet Powerful Marketing Channel,” 2012
- Speaker, REI Boca Park and Henderson, “Exploring Iceland: Stories and Adventures from the Ring Road,” 2012
- Speaker, IFWTWA Conference, “LinkedIn for Writers,” 2012
- Panel Member, Young Leaders Conference, “Digital Media: The Future is Here,” 2011
- Panel Member, University of Nevada-Las Vegas International Education Week, “Peace Corps Forum,” 2011
- Speaker, Findlay Middle School AVID Class, “My Life as a Travel Writer,” 2011
- Panel Member, Green Valley Library Teen Writers Panel, 2011
- Panel Member, Las Vegas Writers’ Conference, “Social Media Lunch Panel,” 2011
- Speaker, Las Vegas Writers’ Conference, “Travel the World, Tell the Story” and “Social Media for Writers,” 2011
- Speaker, Las Vegas Society of Children’s Writers and Book Illustrators, “Blogging for Writers,” 2011
- Panel Member, Las Vegas Clark County Library District, “$uccessful Blogging,” 2010
- Speaker, Henderson Writers’ Group, “Writing for Magazines 101,” 2009
- Speaker, GED Prep, College of Southern Nevada Division of Workforce and Economic Development, Language and Literacy Program, “What it Means to be a Writer,” 2009
One thing I can say for sure is I would love to speak with your group or at your next event as well. Let’s talk about how to make that a reality.