This quirky list is inspired by things I Fr. It is a fluid, flexible list – a work in progress, spurred on by change and moments of inspiration.
Want to help me tackle some of these projects and goals? I’m more than game to discuss a potential partnership.
- Ride in a hot air balloon over the Serengeti.
Throw beads in a Mardi Gras parade.(Completed February 2012)
- Bike around Ireland.
- Travel to as many countries as I am years old.
- Publish a book.
- Learn to speak another language fluently.
- Be part of a flash mob.
- Complete a triathlon.
Write one handwritten note a week for a year.(Completed December 2012)
- Be on The Amazing Race.
Visit Iceland.(Completed June 2012) Hike the John Muir Trail.(Completed August 2015)
- Visit all 50 states.
- Touch all seven continents.
Redecorate my office so that it is a more inspiring place.(Completed December 2011)
- Give a Kiva loan.
- Read one fiction and one non-fiction book every month for a year.
- Go spelunking in a cave.
- Participate in RAGBRAI.
Participate in the Urban Adventure Games in South Bend, Indiana.(Completed July 2012)
- Attend an event at the Olympics.
- Ride a horse at a dude ranch.
Spend the night in a yurt.(Completed August 2013)
- Take the train across Mongolia.
- Spend the night on a houseboat.
- Take a road trip on Route 66.
- See the Northern Lights (and actually remember it).
- Hike the Grand Canyon from rim to rim.
- Get crazy colored highlights in my hair.
- Get an acupuncture treatment.
- Take a totally spontaneous, last-minute trip.
- Stomp wine grapes.
- Feel comfortable swimming.
- Stop apologizing.
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
Take a vacation where I do absolutely nothing.(Completed December 2011) Attend a production of Wicked.(Completed September 2012) Go through my clothes and actually get rid of all the worn-out stuff.(Completed May 2016)
- Shop in the market in Morocco.
- Be in a food fight.
Check out the wildlife in the Galapagos Islands.(Completed November 2013)
- Plan a scavenger hunt for my friends.
Own colorful luggage.(Received Christmas 2011)
- Spend the night in an ice hotel.
- Participate in a sea turtle rescue effort.
Go to a roller derby competition.(Completed November 2011) Fly first class.(Completed September 2014, from Las Vegas to Switzerland)
- Travel around Europe via apartment swaps.
- Eat Italian food in Italy.
Attend the Book Passage writing conference.(Completed August 2012)
- Buy someone’s first passport.
- Participate in the Scale the Strat fundraiser.
- Check out Saturn through a telescope.
- Visit Japan when the cherry blossoms are in bloom.
- Visit Ayer’s Rock in Australia.
Pay off the mortgage on our house.(Completed June 2016 when we sold everything we owned and moved to Kyiv, Ukraine)
- Go to a sandcastle building competition.
Be an extra in a movie.(Completed January 2016)
- Understand the Tour de France.
- Journey along the Silk Road.
- Visit the Christmas markets in Europe.
Take an arts or crafts class.(Completed February 2015)
- Bake something from scratch.
Help brew a batch of beer.(Completed February 2014)
- Make and gift an art journal to someone I love.
- Help mend a hiking trail.
- Walk the hallways of Alcatraz.
- Cut the ribbon at an opening ceremony.
- Throw a surprise party.
- Go dog sledding.
- Take a boat ride through the Panama Canal.