Words That Wow
My goal when working with content marketing and copy writing clientele is to take yawn-worthy verbiage from drab to fab. Too many companies have inconsistent and bland messaging, and I’ve been fortunate to help companies and individuals in a variety of industries – especially those working in travel and hospitality – develop creative collateral that cuts through the noise and speaks specifically to their audiences.
Though I cannot share some relevant work due to confidentiality reasons, select samples can be found below. Please feel free to request specific types of samples or contact me for more information on my portfolio.
- Marquis Rentals – rental properties in The Hamptons
- Diamond Resorts International – a timeshare company with properties around the world
- Cuvee – luxury rental properties in high-end destinations
- AirBnB and HomeAway descriptions
ARTICLE WRITING FOR CUSTOM PUBLICATIONS
- AAA publications
- The Costco Connection
- M Life
- Massage Envy Magazine
- Wynn Magazine
WEB AND BLOG CONTENT
- American Express
- Car Insurance Quotes
- InterContinental Hotel Group
In addition, I have written walking tours, audio scripts, menus, company bios, press releases, newsletters, e-mail blasts, white papers and social media posts for corporate and small business clients.
Editorial Direction and Book Projects
Even with the best word choices, just a touch of polish can give copy that final bit of sparkle. Whether a specific piece of content needs an extra set of eyes or there is a need for a long-term editor, I’ve got the experience. Previous freelance editor positions include:
- Managing editor, Adventure Travel Trade Association (January 2017 – present)
- Blog editor, International News Media Association (July 2014 – present)
- Contributing editor, Travel Weekly (August 2012 – March 2015)
- Managing editor, Journey Beyond Travel (March 2010 – May 2013)
- Alumni news editor, National Peace Corps Association (April 2007 – October 2012)
Additionally, I have assisted in a variety of editorial capacities for book projects:
- DK Eyewitness Los Angeles Travel Guide (fact checker, 2014)
- Maximize Your Social by Neal Schaffer (developmental editor, 2013)
- DK Eyewitness Top Ten Las Vegas (fact checker, 2013)
- Maximizing LinkedIn for Sales and Social Media Marketing by Neal Schaffer (lead editor, 2011)
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Barefoot Running by Dr. Craig Thomas and Thomas Hollowell (contract editor, 2011)
Now you know about my content marketing, copy writing and editorial background, but I don’t know anything about you. What are your writing needs? Get in touch and let’s discuss how we can work together to elevate your brand with excellent copy.