I am a globe-trotting, idea-inventing, culture-collecting creativity connoisseur with big dreams and a desire to touch all seven continents. In my former life I worked as a copywriter, but I am now a full-time freelance writer who has written everything from menus and brochures to news articles, magazine features and books. I love stumbling upon fresh ideas, interviewing fascinating people and learning new things on my journey to inform and entertain through my writing.
I am a writer of all trades: Blogger, travel writer, magazine writer, copy writer, ghostwriter, technical writer, editor and everything in between.
- I manage and write Kaleidoscopic Wandering, a popular travel blog of colorful journeys with a special emphasis on Las Vegas.
- I am the contributing editor for the Las Vegas section of Travel Weekly and TravelWeekly.com, one of the most influential B2B news resources for the travel industry.
- I am the managing editor for Journey Beyond Travel, which offers information about traveling in Morocco.
- I am the brainchild behind The 52 Letters Project, a movement to bring back the handwritten letter.
I have written for nearly 50 print and online publications, including those noted below. My work has also been published on dozens of blogs. Please feel free to request published clips where links are not available or for more information on my portfolio.
American Way, the in-flight publication for American Airlines.
> Sample article: Try This: Trailer Lodging
USA Today Experience Las Vegas, an online guide to Las Vegas travel.
> I wrote the Surprise Me guide.
BBC Travel, published in conjunction with Lonely Planet.
> Sample article: Adventure Travel in Eastern Kentucky
> Sample article: The Grand Canyon’s Other Side
> Sample article: Nevada’s Forgotten National Park
Travel Weekly, a B2B news source for the travel industry.
> Sample article: Neon Museum Illuminates Las Vegas’ Past
> Sample article: Las Vegas Hotels are Green as Well as Glitzy
> Sample article: Clean Living at MGM Grand Rooms
Rodale’s, a healthy lifestyle brand.
> Sample article: The Art of the Thank You Note
Vegas Magazine, Las Vegas’ premiere luxury magazine.
> Sample article: Golden Rainbow Rallies for HIV/AIDS Survivors
Nevada Magazine, a bi-monthly magazine showcasing the people and places of Nevada.
> Sample article: Cultural Epicenter
Desert Companion, the city magazine of National Public Radio that celebrates the pursuits, passions and aspirations of Southern Nevadans.
> Sample article: The Road Less Traveled
> Sample article: A Family Affair
> Sample article: Make a Splash!
Acadiana Profile, the magazine of Cajun country.
> Sample article: From Ashes to Architecture
Massage & Bodywork, the primary trade publication for those working in the massage industry.
> Sample article: The Baby Bump (page 72)
ME, the magazine for Massage Envy.
> Sample article: Boost Your Brainpower
Other publication credits include: Caribbean Travel & Life, AAA Highroads, Pathfinders Travel, Las Vegas Review-Journal, Kiki, Six78th, Dance Teacher, AntiqueWest and The New Physician.
I am occasionally interviewed for blogs, radio shows and books or featured in publications due to my travel experiences and background. Feel free to contact me if you would like more information on where these interviews and features can be found.
- MatadorU Travel Writing Course, 2009
- The Copywriter’s Workshop, National Seminars Group, 2008
- Institute for Children’s Literature, 2006
- Washington State University, bachelor of arts in public relations, 2003
- Finalist, Brick Street Poetry Inc. winter writing contest, 2012
- Grand Prize Winner, WanderWomen Write Contest, 2009
- Winner, Sharing Travel Experiences World’s Most Inspirational Place Contest, 2009
- Winner, International Food, Wine and Travel Writers Association 2010 Conference Scholarship
- Winner, Volume One 2009 Flash Fiction Contest
- Honorarium recipient, 2009 Digital Vagabonding Roads Scholar
- Recipient, Jim Collins Fellowship, National Peace Corps Association
- Recipient, Outstanding Writing Portfolio, Washington State University, 2003
- Member – International Food, Wine and Travel Writers Association, September 2009-present
- Member – Society for Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators, January 2010-March 2011
- Member – Las Vegas Quills Women’s Writing Group, August 2007-December 2009
- Facilitator – Las Vegas Quills Children’s Writing Group, April 2009-October 2009