I am a writer and editor working at the intersection of ethical travel, cultural exchange, and community development.
For more than a decade, I have collaborated with publications, development organizations, and corporate brands to amplify people, projects, and news in an increasingly interconnected world. Agencies, brand representatives, and publishers count on me to distill complex ideas into accessible stories that reach and impact their audiences.
My personal passion and professional experience as a seasoned adventure travel writer, international volunteer, and exchange student host parent offer nuanced insight into the challenges and opportunities in this area.
- A creative agency looking for talent to magnify your client’s focus on sustainability and community-based commitments?
- A publisher searching for compelling adventure and ethical travel stories from someone who has international living and traveling experience?
- An editor looking for print-ready material empowering innovative ideas and solutions — and the people behind them — from a grassroots level?
- An established brand with deeply ingrained ethical values supporting local people and encouraging thoughtful discourse?
My portfolio includes articles published in more than 60 print and online publications, web copy for clients in numerous industries, property descriptions for several rental companies,
souvenir books and much more.
I’m ready to work with you today.
Let’s take your content from drab to fab!
Not a travel brand? Don’t worry … I often work with clients unaffiliated with the travel/tourism and hospitality industries. Feel free to get in touch and let’s chat!
What clients say:
She has literally revamped the quality of our online content to the point where our readership has grown substantially. Plus, we have many more readers visiting often, signing up for our newsletters, etc. Her writing and editing is top notch. She has a gift with words and their construction.
– Thomas Hollowell, owner of Journey Beyond Travel
JoAnna was instrumental in helping me successfully publish my second book Maximizing LinkedIn for Sales and Social Media Marketing. As my developmental editor and copy editor, JoAnna was helpful at every stage of the book to ensure that my content was concise and connected with my target market. I would highly recommend JoAnna for any writing project that you might have.
– Neal Schaffer, founder of Maximize Your Social, Maximize Social Business, Social Media Center of Excellence and Social Tools Summit
JoAnna is the one-two punch of total professional and exceptionally talented copywriter. She’s someone we trust with even the most difficult copy projects, and she handles them with enviable skill, interacting with our travel clients and adapting her voice to suit their needs. And it shows: our clients unanimously love her work, too. I recommended her with total confidence!
– Jessica Vozel, co-founder at Guest Hook